Wakko's America is a song from Episode 21 of Animaniacs. Like "Yakko's World" before it, the song is a geographical patter song, although this one lists every single state of the United States of America and their respective capitals; however Washington, D.C., which is the nation's capital, is also listed. Additionally, South Dakota's capital, which is actually pronounced "Peer", is given the French pronunciation to rhyme with the next line. The song's music is sung to the tune of "Turkey in the Straw", the lyrics were written by Randy Rogel.
In the cartoon featuring the song, Wakko sings the song in response to a Jeopardy!-style quiz. In the end, however, his response is judged incorrect, because he was supposed to phrase it in the form of a question.
The song is the eighth track on the album Yakko's World.
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Indianapolis, Indiana,
- And Columbus is the capital of Ohio,
- There's Montgomery, Alabama, south of Helena, Montana,
- Then there's Denver, Colorado and then Boise, Idaho.
- Texas has Austin, then we go north,
- To Massachusetts' Boston and Albany, New York.
- Tallahassee, Florida, and Washington, D.C.,
- Santa Fe, New Mexico and Nashville, Tennessee.
- Elvis used to hang out there a lot, you know.
- Trenton's in New Jersey, north of Jefferson, Missouri,
- You've got Richmond in Virginia, South Dakota has Pierre,
- Harrisburg's in Pennsylvania, and Augusta's up in Maine,
- And here is Providence, Rhode Island next to Dover, Delaware.
- Concord, New Hampshire, just a quick jaunt
- To Montpelier, which is up in Vermont.
- Hartford's in Connecticut, so pretty in the fall.
- And Kansas has Topeka, Minnesota has St. Paul.
- Juneau's in Alaska, and there's Lincoln in Nebraska,
- And it's Raleigh out in North Carolina, and then,
- There's Madison, Wisconsin and Olympia in Washington,
- Phoenix, Arizona and Lansing, Michigan.
- Here's Honolulu, Hawaii's a joy,
- Jackson, Mississippi and Springfield, Illinois,
- South Carolina with Columbia down the way
- And Annapolis in Maryland on Chesapeake Bay.
- They have wonderful clam chowder.
- Cheyenne is in Wyoming, and perhaps you'd make your home in
- Salt Lake City out in Utah, where the buffalo roam.
- Atlanta's down in Georgia, and there's Bismarck, North Dakota,
- And you can live in Frankfort in your old Kentucky home.
- Salem in Oregon, from there we join
- Little Rock in Arkansas, Iowa's got Des Moines,
- Sacramento, California, Oklahoma and its city,
- Charleston, West Virginia and Nevada, Carson City!
- That's all the capitals there are!